Where can I get nutrition advice about a medical condition?

weight loss plan, diet plan, nutritionist, counseling, dietician, registered dietitian, disease, illness

We cannot provide individualized medical nutrition advice. However, FNIC provides a variety of general information about Diet and Disease and an extensive list of resources for professionals and consumers at Topics A-Z.

We recommend you talk with your healthcare provider about referring you to an RD. An RD can provide personalized dietary advice, taking into consideration your health status, medical conditions, lifestyle and food preferences. The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics can help you locate an RD who specializes in your health condition with Find a Registered Dietitian.

Also, check with your local health department, hospitals, clinics and Cooperative Extension for informational classes on weight loss and other nutrition topics.

You may find some useful nutrition information on the web. However, websites do not take the place of personalized advice from a qualified healthcare provider, and may have inaccurate or misleading information.