Where can I find information about dietary supplements?
We advise that you discuss dietary supplements and alternative medicines with your healthcare provider. However, we recommend these resources for general information about dietary supplements.
- FNIC's Dietary Supplements
- Fact Sheets on Vitamins and Minerals
- Fact Sheets on Botanicals
- Dietary Supplements Q & A provides an overview of the FDA and its role in dietary supplement labeling.
- Tips for the Dietary Supplement User: Making Informed Decisions and Evaluating Information
- Reporting Serious Problems to the FDA links to MedWatch, the FDA Safety Information and Adverse Event Reporting Program, which the FDA maintains to keep track of adverse reactions from dietary supplements.