Nutrition Assistance ProgramsUS Nutrition Assistance Programs
US domestic food assistance programs affect the daily lives of millions of people. Most food assistance is provided by the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (formerly the Food Stamp Program), WIC, and the child nutrition programs. Obtain information about these and other programs.
- Child and Adult Care Food Program
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- National School Lunch Program
- Older Americans Act Nutrition Program
- School Breakfast Program
- Special Milk Program
- Summer Food Service Program
- WIC Program (Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children)
Hunger and Food Security
Find hunger and food security related educational resources, databases, grants, homeless shelter/pantries, non-profit organizations, governmental organizations, publications, child hunger resources, and more.
Community Food Systems
A food system includes everything from farm to table. A community food system emphasizes eating seasonally while eating locally grown and produced foods. Find information about sustainable agriculture as well as resources for building and strengthening community food systems.