Title:||Food Safety on the Go |
|Producer:||University of Maryland, Department of Nutrition and Food Science|
|Description:||“Food Safety on the Go” is a food safety training program for staff, volunteers and clients of home-delivered meal programs. The purpose of this course is to provide relevant food safety education to staff, volunteers and clients, in an effort to improve their food safety knowledge and practices. The overall goal of this course is to decrease the risk of foodborne illness among clients.
Made up of 6 Modules:
- Module 1: Food safety basics, which is an overview of food safety for all staff and volunteers.
- Module 2: For program directors.
- Module 3: For food service management staff.
- Module 4: For food service workers (staff and volunteers).
- Module 5: For drivers (staff and volunteers).
- Module 6: For clients, and is in the form of magnets for drivers to give to clients.
- Also Includes: Power point slides, Pre-Tests, Post-Tests, and Trainer Guides for each Module.
Suggested citation: Sahyoun N, Anderson A, Netterville L. Food Safety on the Go, 2012 Edition. University of Maryland, College Park, and Meals on Wheels Association of America (MOWAA), 2012.
|Format/Pub. Year:||Curriculum (2012)|
|Other Format:||Handbooks and Manuals|
| ||University of Maryland, Department of Nutrition and Food Science|
0112 Skinner Building, University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742
|Funding:|| United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) Grant No. 2008-51110-04347|
Information for the database was collected by surveying
academia, government agencies, industry, and trade and professional
organizations for available food safety educational materials resources.
Listings in this database are provided for information sharing purposes
only. No endorsement is intended. Listings in the database are self reported
and have not been evaluated. We recommend that you ask for a list of
previous users so that you can assess whether the listing will meet your
needs. Call the contacts listed for more information.
Last Modified: May 07, 2013