How can I avoid foodborne illness and food poisoning?
Remember four important points:
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Cook to proper temperatures.
- Refrigerate foods promptly.
- Avoid cross contamination.
These resources provide more information about food safety:
- FNIC's Consumers > All About Food > Food Safety
- FoodSafety.gov serves as a gateway to government food safety information.
- The USDA FSIS educates consumers about the importance of safe food handling and ways to reduce the risks associated with foodborne illness.
- FDA's Foodborne Illness and Contaminants may help you protect yourself from foodborne illness.