FNIC staff positions are a blend of food and nutrition science, information technology, and communications. Staff includes nutrition professionals/Registered Dietitians, computer specialists, Web designers, and students. Currently available positions are listed below.
Job Opportunities at FNICCOORDINATOR (Nutrition Information Specialist)
Part-Time (.6 FTE) Position employed by the University of Maryland
This position is with the SNAP-Ed Connection team at the National Agricultural Library’s Food and Nutrition Information Center (FNIC).
Location: National Agricultural Library, 10301 Baltimore Avenue, Room 108, Beltsville, MD
Description: The SNAP-Ed Connection (http://snap.nal.usda.gov) is a dynamic online resource system for State and local Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program-Education (SNAP-Ed) providers. Primary duties for the position include:
• Assisting with the development and maintenance of the SNAP-Ed Connection website.
• Evaluating nutrition education materials against specified criteria and signing off on reviews as a registered dietitian.
• Entering information about SNAP-Ed-related materials into a database.
• Reviewing and analyzing the nutritional content of recipes; entering recipe data into Drupal; signing off on recipes as a registered dietitian.
• Providing food and nutrition reference services to support the SNAP-Ed Connection audience and the public.
• Reviewing and/or developing communications content for Twitter, listserv, and e-Bulletin.
• Promoting SNAP-Ed Connection at national conferences or local educational sessions.
• Networking with other professionals to obtain and update materials for the website.
• Assisting with maintaining a listserv and providing technical assistance to subscribers.
• Precepting dietetic interns from the University of Maryland Dietetic Internship and facilitating educational opportunities for dietetic interns.
• Developing or reviewing publications or presentations.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in nutrition, dietetics, public health, computer science, communications, information technology or a related field is required. A Registered Dietitian (RD) credential is required.
Strong knowledge of human nutrition based on academic or experiential background. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Excellent computer skills including proficiency in MS Office. Experience using the Drupal content management system. Strong customer service focus and collaborative attitude. Ability to work independently. Knowledge of basic HTML is preferred.
Required Experience: 3+ years of professional experience.
Preferred Experience: At least 2+ years of website content management experience preferred. Experience in giving group presentations is preferred.
Apply Online: Go to https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/31534
Food and Nutrition Information Center
National Agricultural Library, USDA
E-mail Jennifer Mitchell